Tourism in Croatia is sharply approaching 2019 levels, data shows

The Croatian Bureau of Statistics revealed that the number of tourists almost quadrupled in April compared to the same period last year, indicating a strong recovery in the industry.

According to a press release issued by the Croatian Statistical Office, 833,000 tourists and 2.5 million overnight stays in accommodation facilities were recorded this month, up from 613,000 tourists and 1.9 million tourist overnight stays compared to April 2021, reports SchengenVisaInfo.com.

In addition, domestic tourism in the fourth month of the year peaked at 191,000 arrivals which spent 428,000 overnight stays, representing 57.3% more tourist arrivals and 57.2% more tourist overnight stays. more than the previous year.

According to foreign tourists, there were a total of 642,000 arrivals and 2.1 million overnight stays, up 555% or 544,000 more tourists and 1.7 million more overnight stays.

The data also reveals that tourist nights were mainly spent in hotels and other similar accommodation establishments, as 51% of visitors did, while vacations and other short-term accommodation accounted for 30.7% of the total. . The remaining 18.3% was spent on sites and campgrounds, as well as other facilities.

Germany was the main source of tourism, reaching a total of 442,000 overnight stays, or 21.1% of the total. Slovenian tourists follow on the list with 394,000 overnight stays (18.8%), or 39.9% of total overnight stays by foreign tourists, together with Germans.

Next come overnight stays by Austrian (12.6%), British (6.7%), Italian (4.4%), French (3.9%) and American (2.8%) tourists. All these countries achieved a strong increase in tourist arrivals and tourist overnight stays in April 2022 compared to April 2021.

The most visited place was the county of Istria, which achieved the most tourist overnight stays – 904,000 of them, or 35.8% of the total number of tourist overnight stays. The second most visited county was Primorje-Gorski Kotar, with 410,000 tourist nights, or 16.2% of the total nights spent in Croatia.

Dubrovnik remains a top destination, as it was the city with the most tourist nights spent in April 2022. Specifically, 204,000 nights were spent in the city – of which 89.9% were international tourists and 10.2% domestic tourists. market. Compared to April 2021, there was a sharp increase in tourist arrivals and overnight stays – 62,000 arrivals and 182,000 overnight stays.

In the first four months of 2022, 1.5 million tourist arrivals and 4.4 million overnight stays were recorded in Croatia, i.e. one million tourist arrivals and 2.9 million more overnight stays, compared to compared to the same period of 2021, i.e. almost three times more. tourist arrivals and overnight stays only in April 2021.

Comments are closed.